5 Reasons to Include Flowers to Your Home Decor
Flowers used to be a thing a lot of years ago and then they suddenly disappeared but the flower trend is back again. It's bigger and better if i may say and much more innovative and friendly. Flowers are beautiful and can be used in different areas of our homes and other areas outside the home. Flowers serve multiple functions aside beautification it can complement your decor and bring life to your space,they even make people smile or convey some sort of emotion that's why people send flowers during valentine's day,when offering an apology or a marriage proposal or expressing love. Flowers or plants can come either live or in synthetic form , whichever way you have it they both achieve the same purpose. Flowers are used in so many areas and functions. For wedding bouquet ,for table dressing/event decor, photo background,outdoor garden,hallways, home ,bedroom ,office desk etc the list goes on and on.
Live flowers and plants are usually much more appealing because of the freshness it brings to your space,the natural fragrance it diffuses, before i go further explaining lets give you 5 reasons to add flowers to your space and i mean any space not just your home.
- Flowers Brightens/Cheers up your Mood: Like i said earlier flowers convey some emotion, because of its colourful and naturalness it lightens the atmosphere just like the feng shui design recommends adding a little bit of nature into your space using flowers (live plants),seeing a beautiful pink flower or a colourful green plant or some happy yellow flower can brighten up your day. just like colour psychology the same applies to flowers.
- Flowers are a Natural Air Freshener: We had this plant outside our home while growing up it was called Queen of the night it smelled really great at night and we also had a lot of lemon grass planted and it had this refreshing smell every morning so aside cheering you up, live flowers have a natural sweet fragrance and you almost don't need diffusers or any form of air fresheners to keep your living room fresh. This works with live plants and may not be possible with synthetic plants but what i do with my synthetic flowers is to drop block air fresheners in it so that it oozes good fragrance like live plants do.
- Flowers Purify the air : It is scientifically proven that indoor plants remove pollutants from the air by absorbing these gases through their leaves and roots.While most leafy plants are adept at purifying indoor air, some of the plants that scientists have found most useful in removing VOCs include Japanese royal ferns, spider plants, Boston ferns, purple waffle plants, English ivy, areca palms, golden pothos, aloe vera, snake plants and peace lilies. that being said this is a good reason to have plants and flowers in your home.
- Flowers make your space look Luxurious: From our list of items that easily makes your home look expensive is flowers,be it synthetic or live plant a little of it instantly screams Luxury .A little plant on your office desk, by your bedside or even by your office reception adds some sort of beauty.
If you didn't know these reasons now you do,these are however applicable to natural live plants but synthetic plants also have some magical effects that live plants don't ,if you are not sure what synthetic plants e or Artificial plants are,they are what most people use a lot these days, these plastic or silk plants are designed, shaped and painted to look ,smell and feel like the real thing.
Here are 5 Advantages of using Synthetic Flowers.
- No serious Maintenance Required: Synthetic plants are faux plants and plastic and thus does not require the kind of care and attention that a live plant would require, that being said you get to save a couple of bucks and time with faux plants because you don't need to hire a gardener,or water and trim regularly or bother about hiring a flourist you can travel and not be bothered about who is gonna water your plant.
- Ever Fresh like Spring: Because it does not need seasonal changes to bloom or have shedding issues synthetic plants will keep your space looking elegant all day and all year round. Unlike real plants that bloom and flourish seasonally.
- Longevity and Durability: These faux plants don't fade or change. They remain as beautiful as the first day you purchased them because you wont need to deal with pest and water issues, the only maintenance required is dusting and cleaning when necessary.
- Appear as Real: Some synthetic flowers and plants if you have no prior knowledge you won't be able to tell if it's real or faux this is one situation where you can actually eat your cake and still have it. synthetic flowers are cheaper than live plants and can always come in handy,they are always available for your quick designing or decor .
- Multiple Choices for Selection: When using real plants you are limited to one plant in a pot or vase at a time but with synthetic plants you can have multiple pieces of plants and flowers right in the same pot or vase. You can use artificial creeping plants indoors and keep it clean without worrying about sweeping leaves daily but on a normal day it grows naturally on walls outdoor and messes the ground with leaves.
you can shop for synthetic flowers, Artificial grass,vases and flower pots on our website. Please drop a comment and let me know if you have issues using flowers to decorate your home or how you elegantly used it to create an amazing space.