INCREDIBLE TIPS FOR DECORATING WITH MIRRORS IN YOUR HOME
Clever ways to Decorate your Home with Mirrors
Mirrors are essential for me and I think they should be the same for everyone else, especially in commercial spaces like Hotels and public bathrooms.
Mirrors have long been a staple in interior design, but did you know that they can do so much more than just reflect your image? From creating the illusion of more space to adding depth and dimension to your living area, mirrors are an incredibly versatile and effective decorative element. So if you're looking to elevate your home's aesthetic, stick around as we dive into the many benefits of incorporating mirrors into your decor. Let's get started!
Amongst the many purposes and functions of mirrors, below are some tricks that mirrors perform and tips to correctly place mirrors anywhere.
Creates an Illusion of more space: there's no limit to the number of mirrors that can be used, there's never a saying like “too many mirrors” when it's done the right way. Whether your space is large or small, a home or commercial space, mirrors can never go wrong. mirrors can be large, average size or small. It can be full framed on the wall, as accessories accompanying a console table, small decorative mirrors in groups, fretwork mirrors etc. Sometimes mirrors can be installed on the ceiling as well, if this is properly done, it can make any space larger than it really is and also give it some depth.
- It Enhances the natural lighting: when light reflects on mirrors, it automatically bounces off the mirror and brightens the space some more. If you don't have enough natural light coming into your space, position a mirror directly opposite the major source of illumination in that space and you will be marveled by how much light is getting in. try this in a dark living room with a torchlight, turn off your light, and turn the light toward the mirror, You will realize that more parts of the room will be illuminated. This trick is particularly good for spaces with insufficient natural light.
Conversation starter: beautiful mirrors with classy and elegant frames especially the ones with carvings always gets the job done. Sometimes it's just the size that gets one asking questions and then the conversation just picks up. Also, know that your interior design style can determine the type of mirror you install. If you have a traditional interior design, you can go all out with elaborate carvings on your mirrors, this same style will not be appropriate in a minimalist or contemporary interior design, seeing that contemporary interior design style works with simple and clean lines.
- It reflects your designs and decor when positioned right: one of the best ways to use mirrors is to place them where they can enhance your decor or design. That's why it's always advised that whenever you are placing a mirror,don't just think about the wall it's going to sit on, think about what is going to be reflected in the mirror regularly. If the default reflection is dirty, messy or unappealing, kindly relocate it to a more soothing wall and ensure the wall reflecting from the opposite end looks appealing.
There are other ways to use mirrors for decor without making it seem like you are. Try the broken mirror decor, mirror panels and mirror wall treatment etc.
If you are one of those who are unsure where to use mirrors at home aside from your bedroom dressing mirror, you can also creatively have mirrors in so many other areas at home.
- Decorative Mirrors with a console table in your living room or entryway. This is not necessarily for the mirror on the wall, the console table and other furniture pieces can be made of mirror fretwork. You however need to be careful not to go overboard with it as doing so may make your space look tacky and cheap. Don't make your home look like you are trying so hard to impress.
- Mirrors in your bedroom by your headboard above each nightstand and of course a dressing mirror.
- On your staircase landing or at the end of your hallway. This is particularly important for short and narrow hallways, this will create an illusion of an extended elongated hallway.
- Stylish mirror design on your TV console .
- Of course mirrors in your bathroom and kitchen. Use mirrors on the cabinets or better still, use reflective tiles as backsplash in the kitchen.
- Mirror wardrobe doors/closet doors are handy when you don't have enough wall space for mirrors.
- Use broken glass mirror /Mosaic for accent walls or design a gallery wall with mirrors. make it stylish by selecting different sizes,shapes and styles.
- Small scale mirror decors like trays and small table decor.
- Mirrors can replace art pieces, remember the rule of three? Mirrors can be arranged in such decorative styles.
- And importantly, your entryway. Lit your entryway with a nice console table, it will sure give the visitors a warm welcome.
Mirrors are an easy way to create a WOW effect in your home and any space at all. Go all out with huge mirrors you will surely love them.
If these tips have been helpful to you and you eventually get to try any of them out, be kind to share images with us. If you need a personal guide or some sort of advice on how to make the most out of decorative mirrors at home, I’ll be so glad to assist you. Eunicon interior is your 'friendly neighbourhood' interior design company.